NOL 360 Exchange Footbridge Strengthening Works
Robert West were commissioned to develop a design for strengthening the footbridge dating from circa 1886 whilst minimising disruption to public access.
The following strengthening and refurbishment works were designed:
- provision of new outriggers restraining the top flange of each girders
- provision of new end frames, end posts and bearing assemblies to replace the existing ones in order to reinstate the original load path on to the existing cast-iron trestle
- repair the strengthening of lattices based on either condition and/or strength
- provision of vertical transverse bracing between steel columns
- full grit blasting and protective paintwork treatment
- repair and refurbishment works to trestle and landing
- reinstatement of anti-slip surfacing, timber decking and drainage.
A Grip 3/ 4 design was prepared for AIP submission and achieved approval.