Transport Planner - London
We have identified the need for a talented Transport Planner to strengthen the Transport Planning team.
Your role will include:
- preparation of Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans along with contributions to Environmental Statements
- liaison with clients, third parties and Local Authority Planning and Highway Officers
- design of traffic, parking and travel surveys along with analysis of survey data
- use of trip generation databases, production of multi-modal trip generation and assignment exercises
- use of or understanding of traffic modelling techniques an interpretation of traffic model output for us in the preparation of Transport Assessments
- appraisal of development scheme design in relation to Local Authority and Highway Design standards
- identification of measures for inclusion with development mitigation strategy.
Key skills and knowledge required:
- relevant degree (Bachelors or Masters in Civil Engineering, Geography or Transport Planning is desirable) or equivalent high quality technical training
- approximately three to four years relevant work experience within a consultancy environment
- technical competency in the areas of Development Planning work including Transport Assessments and Statements, junction modelling and preliminary design and Travel Planning
- good written and verbal communication skills in particular the ability to structure and compose reports to a high quality and to work with fellow team members and liaise with external parties
- knowledge of the planning process and regulatory framework
- knowledge of planning and transport policy
- traffic data analysis techniques
- ability to analyse technical issues
- traffic modelling techniques
- knowledge of junction/highway design standards
- proficient use of AutoCAD and AutoTrack.
The Transport Planning team are a collaborative team where you will have the space to use your initiative, research and analytical skills and to grow both personally and as a team. If you have a hard working, thorough and collaborative approach, this is the team for you.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert West are an Equal Opportunities employer.
No agencies please.