Senior Transport Planner - London
We have identified the need for a talented Senior Transport Planner to strengthen the Transport Planning team.
Your role will include:
- client and council/planning committee liaison, stakeholder consultation
- traffic data analysis and traffic modelling
- preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans
- assessment and initial design of infrastructure requirements for new developments and design of preliminary schemes
- design of transport and travel surveys
- bid documentation preparation
- commercial management of projects (being able to manage small projects to quality, cost and time)
- engagement with more senior colleagues to develop scope of work, timescales and budget expectations.
Key skills, knowledge and attributes required:
- relevant degree (Civil Engineering or Geography would be preferable) or equivalent high quality training
- at least five years relevant work experience within a consultancy environment
- technical competency in areas of Development Planning work including Transport Assessments and Statements, junction modelling and preliminary design, Travel Planning and transport chapters of environmental impact assessments
- good written and verbal communication skills together with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- strong experience in advising and negotiating with all stakeholders involved in the project process
- ability to structure and compose reports to a high quality
- ability to work with minimum supervision
- knowledge of the planning process and regulatory framework
- knowledge of Transport Policy
- Knowledge of Master planning, urban re-generation and design
- Traffic modelling echniques and interpreation of model outputs (including LinSig, ARCADY and PICADY)
- junction/highway design standards, analysis techniques, signal design and traffic management
- familiarity with Manual for Streets and DMRB requirements
- knowledge of planning conditions - Section 106 & 278 agreements
The Transport Planning team offer the opportunity to join a collaborative team where you will have the space to use your initiative, research and analytical skills and to grow both personally and as a team. If you have a hard working, thorough and collaborative approach, this is the team for you.
If you would like to apply please send your CV with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert West are an Equal Opportunities employer.
No agencies please.