Senior CAD Technician - Rail, London
About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled senior CAD technician to assist with upcoming work on Network Rail and London Underground related projects. Our portfolio includes minor works projects (such as modifications to station entrances), intermediate sized projects (such as platform replacements to viaduct stations) and the design and assessment of larger structures (such as civil design as part of major Network Rail line upgrades). The role is at the heart of the rail team and will be typically involved in a number of differing projects at any one time.
You will have a good range of experience drafting in various structural materials, with proven ability to develop both structural layouts and rail scheme drawings. You will have excellent skills in the use of Bentley Microstation and you will probably have some experience of drafting in AutoCAD. You are more than a tracer, you can develop sections straight from plans, think through structures and how they fit together and consider buildability as you develop a scheme. You will be confident enough to suggest potential alternatives to the engineer and will be able to advise on drawing planning and programming.
- HND or equivalent qualified
- Bentley Microstation fluent
- AutoCAD familiar
- Knowledge of London Underground CAD standards necessary
- Knowledge of Network Rail drawing standards
- Knowledge of London Underground Projectwise system advantageous
- Familiarity with Quality Management and Quality Management systems
- Desire to take initiative where necessary
- Ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion with minimal input
- Ability to function within a team environment.
If this is you we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV along with a covering email to email@example.com.
Robert West is an Equal Opportunities employer.
No agencies please.