It’s an important and exciting time at Robert West and we have identified the need for a talented and high quality Principal structural engineer to strengthen the delivery teams in our London office. The workload is exciting and diverse and could consist of projects, varying in scale, in residential and mixed use, education, rail (stations) sectors along with refurbishment and modifications to existing structures. We work with developers, D & B contractors and large institutional organisations. The role requires time spent both in the office and visiting our sites, from pre-tender and planning through to the construction stage of our projects.
We are looking for an engineer who can lead projects through the complete life cycle, from proposal to scheme and detailed design. The role requires a person who can plan and lead projects both technical and commercially, be a focal point for client contact and be able to apply consistently sound judgement. The role will work closely with the Building Structures Director to develop new business and secure repeat business through high quality delivery. The role will offer great opportunities for career progression.
You will have a broad range of skills and experience designing and assessing various structural forms in all the common construction materials, and will therefore have a strong technical background The experience you have gained has given you an intuitive feel for structural behaviour and allows you to make engineering judgements quickly and independently.
You will be able to lead senior and less experienced engineers, and manage internal resources for delivery. Perhaps most importantly, you will be entirely comfortable taking responsibility for project delivery. Actively seeking responsibility will be part of your personality. You will build relationships with our client base through sound delivery.
- 1st or upper 2nd M Eng (Hons) degree from a top UK University or equivalent high technical quality training
- Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer status
- Strong analytical engineering skills
- ROBOT, REVIT and BIM experience advantageous
- Strong knowledge of CDM Regulations
- The ability to identify, develop and present engineering solutions
- Desire to drive projects forward and take the initiative where necessary
- Ability to lead projects, manage workloads and lead teams
- Ability to produce fee proposals, monitor project progress and spend
- Ability to liaise with clients directly and attend design progress meetings
If this describes you we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert West are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please.