Are you keen to drive your career in Transport Planning up a gear? Looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive team, receive structured career development and work on a variety of projects?
Robert West can offer you this opportunity.
Robert West are consulting civil and structural engineers, and transport planners, delivering building, infrastructure, transport, civil engineering and rail projects. We provide transport and highways advice to developers, retailers, operators, land owners and public sector bodies in order to inform pre-acquisition due diligence, feasibility, design development and support Planning Applications. We work hard to deliver results for our clients, have a ‘can do’ attitude and are proud of the levels of repeat business and recommendation that we receive. Our involvement in projects ranges from feasibility, planning and post planning stages in a variety of sectors such as education, residential, commercial and leisure.
Your experience in your career so far
Are you keen to make an impact and difference to the success of projects and the future success of the organisation you work for? You can make a direct difference at Robert West. We would like to hear from applicants with the skills, knowledge and proven experience of the following:
- Planning process and regulatory framework
- Planning and transport policy
- Transport statements, transport assessments and travel plans
- Traffic data analysis techniques
- Basic traffic modelling techniques
- Basic use of AutoCAD and AutoTrack
All this will be based on a degree such as Civil Engineering or Geography or equivalent high quality technical training along with relevant work experience in a consultancy environment. Good written and verbal communication skills along with analytical skills are required.
What we offer
The Robert West London Transport Planning team offers you the opportunity for you to join a collaborative team where you will have the space to use your initiative, research and analytical skills and to grow both personally and as a team. If you have a hard working, thorough and collaborative approach this is the team for you. Your contribution would include:
- undertaking site visits and site audits - collating the information collected
- Contributing towards the preparation of Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans
- liaison with clients, third parties and Local Authority Planning and Highway Officers
- design of traffic, parking and travel surveys along with analysis of survey data
- use of trip generation databases, contributing towards the production of multi-modal trip generation and assignment exercises
- Understanding of traffic modelling techniques an interpretation of traffic model output for us in the preparation of Transport Assessments
- identification of measures for inclusion with development mitigation strategy.
We offer a competitive salary with great benefits including, pension, private medical insurance, and membership of an accredited professional organisation.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position. No agencies please.
Robert West is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please send your application to email@example.com.