Engineer or Senior Engineer - Rail
It's an important and exciting time at Robert West and we have identified the need for a talented and high quality Engineer or Senior Engineer to strengthen the delivery teams in our London office.
You will have a broad range of skills and experience designing and assessing various types of structure in a range of construction materials and therefore a strong technical background. The experience you have gained has given you an intuitive feel for civil engineering and allows you to make engineering judgements quickly, seeking contribution from your peers and team when needed.
You will have proven experience in designing most or all of the below:
- rail structures and buildings in the UK
- retaining structures
- over, under and footbridges
- culverts and crossings
- earth structures.
You will be able to lead graduates and less experienced engineers and manage internal resources for delivery. You will be entirely comfortable taking responsibility for delivery of tasks and projects. Actively seeking responsibility will be part of your personality.
- 1st or upper 2nd BEng/MEng (Hons) degree or equivalent high quality technical training
- actively working toward Chartered Civil or Structural engineer
- demonstrable success in the execution of detail design
- knowledge of CDM regulations
- familiarity with Quality Management and Quality Management Systems
- the ability to identify, develop and present civil engineering solutions
- a good understanding of geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics
- desire to drive projects forward and take the initiative where necessary
- ability to lead small or elements of larger projects
- ability to assist with fee proposals, monitor project progress and spend
- ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion with minimal input
- ability to function well within a team environment.
If this describes you we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert West are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please.