Engineer or Senior Engineer - Drainage, London
Are you flooded with job opportunities but looking for a role that offers you more than just utilisation of your technical skills and knowledge? Looking for an opportunity to work independently and run projects with direct client liaison?
Robert West are currently working on projects for a number of national house builders undertaking drainage strategies and flood risk assessments. Our involvement in projects range through conceptual, pre-planning, detailed design and construction stages.
Are you ambitious for your personal development and the future success of the organisation you work in? You can make a direct difference at Robert West. We are open to applicants, whether you are currently at Engineer or Senior Engineer level with the skills, knowledge and proven experience of the following:
- preparation of foul and surface water drainage strategies, FRA's and Water Management Strategies
- detailed infrastructure foul and surface water drainage design and modelling, including SuDS-based solutions, pumping stations and below-ground building drainage
- achieving S104, 106 & 50 drainage network approval and adoption
- knowledge of relevant flood risk/drainage legislation, policies and design and maintenance standards and requirements (including Sewers for Adoption, Code for Sustainable Homes and Building Regs)
- thorough knowledge and use of AutoCAD and MicroDrainage
- liaison with clients and suppliers
- good communicator and an ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of technical independence.
It is envisaged that this experience will have been based on a degree in Civil Engineering, although candidates with a HNC or HND in Civil Engineering and/or extensive experience will also be considered. You will be an Incorporated Engineer or close to approaching this. In addition, if you have any experience of the preparation of 3D design applications, Hydraulic modelling &GIS softwar, these would be an added bonus.
Robert West is expanding the infrastructure team in London and you will have the opportunity to grow both personally and as a team.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV with covering email to email@example.com.
Robert West is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please.