Civil Engineer, Aberdeen
Are you looking for your next career step? Does the opportunity to work on a high profile marine engineering project tempt you?
We are seeking a civil engineer, on a fixed term basis of approximately 18 months, who has experience of civil related projects with ideally either temporary works experience or design experience in permanent works. You should have:
- HNC/D or degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- experience of the design and checking process relating to CAT 1-3 design checks
- knowledge of CDM
- CSCS card.
Additionally, our ideal candidate will also have knowledge and experience of:
- Approved Codes of Practice applicable to temporary works
- marine and/or geo-technical projects
- design and/or checking of: Formwork, Falsework Scaffolding, Needling, Propping, Site hoardings, Haul roads, Foundations, Working platforms for piling rigs, other forms of tracked plant, excavation support and slope stability
- road and drainage/water design
- Civil 3D.
Reporting to the Temporary Works Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for interpretation of the design brief, development of the conceptual design and production of detailed temporary works design including calculations and drawings. In addition, you will check, review, approve and certify others temporary works design and ensuring design risks are considered, preparing design risk assessments as required. Your strong communication and organisation skills will help you manage interfaces with construction teams, the Procurement Department, those you meet at site and in meetings.
If this is you we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV along with a covering email to email@example.com.
Robert West are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please.