BIM/Revit Technician, London
We are looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking Senior Revit CAD Technician to assist with upcoming work on our portfolio of building and structure related projects. Our work includes minor works projects, intermediate sized projects (such as school extensions and refurbishments) and larger structures (such as major residential schemes with multiple buildings and basement construction).
The role involves joining our existing team of progressive and skilled draftspersons to create and produce models in Revit Structure, liaise with the other design disciplines and work as an integral part of the design team.
You will have a good range of experience drafting in various structural materials, with proven ability to develop both structural layouts and scheme drawings. You will have excellent skills in the use of Autodesk Revit Structure and will probably have some experience of drafting in AutoCAD. You are more than a tracer; you can develop sections straight from plans, think through structures and how they fit together, and consider buildability as you develop a scheme. You will be confident enough to suggest potential alternatives to the engineer and will be able to advise on drawing planning and programming. You will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a collaborative environment, at BIM Level 2 or higher. When you draw, you will be able to think through the potential for implications to the design (ROBOT) model and be able to suggest new drawing techniques to improve efficiencies where possible.
- HND or equivalent qualified
- Autodesk Revit
- AutoCAD familiar
- Understanding of building structures and structural drawings
- Knowledge of London Underground CAD standards
- Knowledge of Network Rail drawing standards
- Knowledge of London Underground Projectwise system advantageous
- Familiarity with Quality Management and Quality Management Systems
- Desire to take initiative where necessary
- Ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion with minimal input
- Ability to function in a team environment.
If this is you we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV along with a covering email to email@example.com.
Robert West is an Equal Opportunities employer.
No agencies please.