Associate or Principal Civil Engineer – Rail, London
It's an important and exciting time at Robert West and we have identified the need for a talented and high quality Principal Engineer to strengthen the delivery teams in our London office.
We are looking for an engineer who can lead projects through their complete life cycle, from tender production to scheme and detailed design. The role requires a person who can plan and lead projects both technical and commercially, be a focal point for client contact and be able to apply consistently sound judgement. The role will work closely with a Director to develop new business and secure repeat business through high quality delivery and will offer great opportunities for career progression.
You will have a broad range of skills and experience designing and assessing various types of structure in a range of construction materials and therefore a strong technical background. The experience you have gained has given you an intuitive feel for civil engineering, and allows you to make engineering judgements quickly, seeking contribution from your peers and team when needed.
You will have proven experience in designing most or all of the below:
- Rail structures and buildings in the UK
- Retaining structures
- Over, under and footbridges
- Culverts and crossings
- Earth structures
You will be able to lead senior and less experienced engineers, and manage internal resources for delivery. Perhaps most importantly, you will be entirely comfortable taking responsibility for project delivery. Actively seeking responsibility will be part of your personality. You will build relationships with our client base through sound delivery.
- 1st or upper 2nd B Eng/M Eng (Hons) degree expected from a top UK University or equivalent high quality technical training
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer
- Demonstrable success in the execution of rail related projects in the UK
- Strong knowledge of CDM regulations
- Familiarity with Quality Management and Quality Management Systems
- The ability to identify, develop and present civil engineering solutions
- A good understanding of geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics
- Desire to drive projects forward and take the initiative where necessary
- Ability to lead projects, manage workloads and lead teams
- Ability to produce fee proposals, monitor project progress and spend
- Ability to liaise with clients directly and attend design progress meetings
- Ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion with minimal input
- Ability to function well within a team environment
If this is you we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert West are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please.